Sunday, August 21, 2016

Simple Chicken Tandoori

It's been long since I posted my last recipe. Life has become crazy, literally. Especially with the kiddo at home for summer vacation and my folks around. It's fun but sometimes it can be too tiring. Cooking has taken a backseat now. I cook to eat instead of eat to cook nowadays. Hence, these days I am all for making one-dish meals. But one thing I realized years ago, that, simple or complex, it has to taste good otherwise we will eventually end up getting dinner from outside. I had some chicken quarters in the freezer last night, and I was craving for the chicken kabobs that we used to get in the San Francisco Bay Area. I miss those kabobs, cooked to perfection, with their juices intact, yummmmmm! Not a single day, do I remember them coming out dry or look too red, like we are used to seeing in many Indian restaurants. As the name suggests, it's hard to make perfect tandoori without a tandoor (traditional clay oven). This is what I tried and this was worth it. 


chicken-kabob-or-chicken kabab-recipe



Ingredients:

3 Chicken quarters
Tandoori spices, store bought
Ginger 2 tbsp
Vinegar 1 tsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp or to taste
Mustard oil 1 tbsp
Salt and sugar per taste
Ghee for brushing




chicken-kabob-or-chicken kabab-recipe
Recipe:
  • Marinate the chicken with all the ingredients except ghee
  • Preheat the oven at 375F and bake for 50-55 minutes or until chicken is throughly cooked
  • Brush ghee on both sides during baking to keep the chicken from drying
  • At the end broil on each side for 2 mins or to your liking



chicken-kabob-or-chicken kabab-recipe

No comments :

Post a Comment