Monday, December 5, 2016

Fish Roll

Fish roll is another popular fish snack. Sometime fish rolls are stuffed with leftover portions of a fish or minced meat. While in Kolkata, although we used to devour fish rolls from street food joints or snack corners, we were equally in love with my Dad's homemade fish rolls. Among some of his other delicious recipes, this one is something that I can have anytime, anywhere. However this summer, I thought of learning the recipe while my parents' visited us. This is the easier version. I watched him from a distance as he is very particular about the uniformity of each rolls. I have to admit, the end result was excellent. 






Ingredients:
White fish fillet cut in very thin slices (I took 2 Tilapia fillet)
Onion paste, quarter of a big onion
Ginger and garlic paste, each 1 tbsp
Lemon juice, 1 lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
1 to 2 egg white
Flour 2 tbsp
Bread crumb, 1/2 cup to one cup




Recipe:
Marinate the fish with salt, pepper and lemon juice for 15 minutes
Now add onion, garlic and ginger paste to the fish and marinate for 2 hours or more
now with the help of a skewer carefully roll the fillets
Whisk the flour with water in a bowl
Now roll them on the bread crumbs
Dip the rolls in the egg white
Heat some oil to deep fry



No comments :

Post a Comment