Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Egg Muffins

I often have bouts of high energy when I accomplish a lot of things during the day. On the other hand, there are days when I feel like doing nothing except reading and watching TV. On weekends my dream is to wake up to a cup of coffee with breakfast in bed. For some reason my husband did that for a year in our more-than-a-decade-long-relationship, not a day more, not a day less. In fact, in those days, I was stricter about our dietary choices because of his blood cholesterol level. I remember how he would reminisce about adding bacon in his omelette without giving it any thought in his pre-wife days. Strange thing is despite having bacon in the refrigerator these days, he seemed to have lost any interest in making a weekend breakfast. Guess I pushed him too hard 😄

However, I refuse to eat the same breakfast on weekends. So I want my weekends to feel different from weekdays. The only problem being the fact that I lose all energy by Friday night and wake up with no plans on Saturday. I then end up just rummaging through the pantry/refrigerator and make something with whatever I can find. One of these ad-hoc ideas were these egg muffins. They are quick, tasty and hassle-free.

egg-muffin-breakfast-recipe


egg-muffin-breakfast-recipeIngredients:
Eggs
Chopped onions
Chopped veggies of your choice, I used spring onions, bell pepper, green chillies, cilantro
Shredded Mozzarella
Salt, pepper

Recipe:
Lightly fry chopped onions, spring onions, bell peppers, green chilli, cilantro, shredded mozzarella with a pinch of salt or per taste
Bake for 20-25 mins, at 350. I used a 12 cup muffin pan. Fill 2/3rd of the cups leaving the muffins some room to rise

Perfect with Coffee!

No comments :

Post a Comment