Sunday, January 8, 2017

Yogurt in Electric Pressure Cooker

I had been planning on buying an electric pressure cooker for a long time. The sole reason I resisted buying a rice cooker or a slow cooker is because the electric one does it all. I have been using my electric cooker that I bought from Amazon for a little over two years now. After trying different cooking options, I have to say this is one of my prized kitchen gadgets. I am glad to have made the yogurt using the pressure cooker finally. It turned out to be perfect. We ate it for dessert the following day and kept some in the refrigerator. I didn't make it too sweet but I guess you can make it sweeter if you like. 

homemade yogurt

I just followed the direction from the cooker recipe booklet. I added about 1 tablespoon yoghurt for 1 cup of milk. And about half a tablespoon sugar to that. First thing I had to do is steam the milk using the water and steam function as directed by the manual. Then cool it down to a temperature okay to handle. Mix the yoghurt stirring gently. Next put the bowl (steel or baking bowl will do) on the steaming rack. Use the yoghurt function and follow the instruction. I set it overnight as it took 8 hours.  
   

No comments :

Post a Comment