Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Irish Soda Bread

Since I am a little reluctant of trying Bread recipes partly because of the time and the mess, here is an easy one for you. I came to learn about this recipe from Ina Garten of Food network http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/irish-soda-bread-recipe.html, tried this my way adjusting the proportion for 4. To my surprise it came out pretty okay the first time. Here is the recipe for you.


Ingredients:

1.5 cup all-purpose flour (I took half flour and half wheat Aasirvaad whole wheat atta)
1 tbsp sugar
irish-soda-bread-recipe
1/3 tsp salt
1/3 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp oil (you can skip this if you like)
3/4 cup buttermilk

Recipe:


  • Knead the mixture in a soft dough with the help of a wooden spoon
  • Then knead by stretching and folding in a floured work surface
  • Shape it like a loaf
  • Bake for 50-60 mins at 375F or until achieve slightly brown crusted top

Let it cool down before serving





No comments :

Post a Comment