Tuesday, March 8, 2016


Which other day could I have chosen to start my blog. It’s March 8th 2016. International Women’s Day. Back in the day when I was about to step into womanhood, remember celebrating 8th March by hopping into one of those seminars where they would discuss how far women have come along despite centuries-long history of oppression. I still remember the emotion and pride we felt as part of the sorority.

As of today sitting in my couch I am thinking, what to make for dinner and when to pick up my son from school or to take him to swimming. Oh! Wait! The contractor hasn’t arrived yet. I booked this one through Amazon.com. Does this thing work at all? Man, otherwise I will have to go through the list of some twenty contractors that I obtained from this neighborhood mommy group, and call one by one to leave voice messages.

I am not sure if that young lady of yesteryears is frowning at me. It didn’t go that bad after all. Last Women’s Day I had a career that would be deemed prestigious by any standard. My short-lived corporate life was indeed joyous and taught me many things. Many of them I will carry forever with myself in this journey of life. Most importantly, leaving corporate work and joining household work was a conscious decision. I have enough work not to get bored but I don’t have any deadlines to meet, pursue my hobbies without restrictions, hell ya, I don’t mind this life at all.

Coming straight to the point now, why I wanted to start a blog in the first place. For years, I have been accused of tempting my friends with interesting and tasty recipes without following any cooking grammar. So I thought why not make it official. I couldn't resist the urge to share hundreds of recipes that I have inherited and improvised upon along with my hobbies for gardening and travel. Happy reading everyone!!

No comments :

Post a Comment